Each week, we'll give you the info on the best family activities or events for the week.
You're time-pressed enough, so we're happy to do the research and find the best things to do and places to go, both locally and within reasonable striking distance.
Look for the kids' planner each Wednesday, and help us build the planner with your own suggestions and tips‚ just add them to the comment box. We want to hear from you!
- When/Where: Wednesday, April 11 at 11 a.m. at the Lafayette Theater—97 Lafayette Ave, Suffern
- Why Go: Rockland's only animal shelter is facing financial difficulties and needs help with upgrading the current condition of the building; special guest appearance of Jeffrey & The Frog of The Bossy Frog Band
- Cost/Contact: Tickets $10 each, proceeds benefit Hi-Tor Animal Care Center, Inc./judy@hitor or firstname.lastname@example.org
- When/Where: Sunday, April 15, 10:00 am/Nyack Village Hall, 9 N. Broadway, Nyack
- Why Go: This annual event features over 150 vendors offering fine crafts, jewelry, art, photography, collectibles, antiques, quality handmade crafts, unique gifts and more
- Cost/Contact: Freeemail@example.com
- When/Where: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 9:00 am/675 Oak Tree Rd, Palisades
- Why Go: Go grocery shopping for the freshest, locally-grown goods around
- Cost/Contact: Free/PCC@PalisadesNY.com
- When/Where: Thursday, April 12 at 3 p.m./New City Library, 220 N. Main St., New City
- Why Go: FernGully: The Last Rainforest, for ages 6 and up
- Cost/Contact: Free/www.newcitylibrary.org