Each week, we'll give you the info on the best family activities or events for the week.
You're time-pressed enough, so we're happy to do the research and find the best things to do and places to go, both locally and within reasonable striking distance.
Look for the kids' planner each Wednesday, and help us build the planner with your own suggestions and tips‚ just add them to the comment box. We want to hear from you!
- When/Where: Saturday, Sept. 15 starting at 10 a.m. / 2 South Mountain Rd, Pomona
- Why Go: The Orchards of Concklin invites you to pick-your-own apples every weekend through October 21 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The Concklins grow over 20 varieties of apples. For additional fun for kids, every weekend through October 21, from noon to 5 p.m., there are inflatable slides, bouncies, Jurassic Adventure and Kid's Haunted House.
- Cost/Contact: $18 for peck bag of apples and additional cost for rides from 50 cents to $1 / 845-354-0369
- When/Where: Saturday, Sept. 15 at 10 a.m./612 Corporate Way, Valley Cottage
- Why Go: Bounce! Trampoline Sports hosts a benefit for Rockland Farm Alliance. At the Kickoff Party, kids, ages 12 to 15, and parents will have an opportunity to meet Victor Byrne, head trainer, participate in mini aerobic and acrobat classes and see trampoline demonstrations by top athletes.
- Cost/Contact: $12 / www.bounceonit.com or 845-268-4000.
- When/Where: Friday, Sept. 14 from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. /
Pearl River Public Library Storytime room
- Why Go: The is for people interested in anime, manga, Japanese culture and games. Otaku is Japanese for nerd—but in this group, they mean it as a compliment.
- Cost/Contact: Free. Must be 15 years old.
Catherine Konner Sculpture Park @ RoCA
- When/Where: Saturday, Sept. 15, 10:00 am/Rockland Center for the Arts, 27 S Greenbush Rd, West Nyack
- Why Go: Visit the Catherine Konner Sculpture Park at Rockland Center for the Arts (RoCA) to see the permanent sculptures on exhibit and impressive landscaping.
- Cost/Contact: Freefirstname.lastname@example.org
- When/Where: Saturday, Sept. 15, 10:00 am / IMAX Theatre at Palisades Center, 4270 Palisades Center Dr, West Nyack
- Why Go: West Nyack’s big screen is the only theater in the region showing this polar bear biopic. Grab the kids—the flick is narrated by Meryl Streep, with songs by Paul McCartney.
- Cost/Contact: $9 / (845) 353-5555