Each week, we'll give you the info on the best family activities or events for the week.
You're time-pressed enough, so we're happy to do the research and find the best things to do and places to go, both locally and within reasonable striking distance.
Look for the kids' planner each Wednesday, and help us build the planner with your own suggestions and tips‚ just add them to the comment box. We want to hear from you!
- When/Where: Sunday, Sept. 9, 2 p.m. / Nyack Public Library, 59 S Broadway, Nyack
- Why Go: Chabad Jewish Enrichment Center presents challah baking, apple dipping and more
- Cost/Contact: Free / 845-356-6686
- When/Where: Sunday, Sept. 9, 10 a.m. / Main Street and Broadway, downtown Nyack
- Why Go: Grab the kids and watch Nyack transform into an outdoor bazaar with food, shopping and entertainment
- Cost/Contact: Free to browse / 845-353-2221
- When/Where: Saturday, Sept. 8 from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. (Rain date Sunday, Sep. 9.) / New City Library
- Why Go: Join us for refreshments in the Children's Garden to celebrate the community support given to the Garden Rockers Club this past year.
- Cost/Contact: Free / Contact: Mrs. B. at 634-4997, ext.138 or email@example.com
- When/Where: Saturday, Sept. 8 from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. / Pearl River Public Library
- Why Go: The Battle of the Books is a competition for students in grades nine through 12 in which they answer questions about books they have read.The libraries in the Ramapo Catskill region will battle it out in the event’s fifth year. .
- Cost/Contact: For more information or to get involved, contact librarian Christina Linder at 845-735-4084.
- When/Where: Saturday, Sept. 8 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on the Central Ave. Field in Pearl River.
- Why Go: Come shop for baby items, homemade chocolate, tools, used goods, hand made items, sunglasses, wallets, watches, fishing tackle, sports trading cards, handbags, jewelry, paintings, photo albums, magnets, gift baskets, charm bracelets, antiques and more. Back to the Garden 1969 will play live in the gazebo from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Cost/Contact: For more information, contact David Wallach at (845) 300-8049 or Ralph Fasano at (845) 735-9519
- When/Where: Wednesday, Sept. 12 at 11 a.m. / in Nanuet
- Why Go: Join Ms. Mariann for a fun-filled hour of Storytime in the Children's Department. Storytime runs every Wednesday during the summer.
- Cost/Contact: Free—