The Labor Day holiday means a three-day weekend—and, unfortunately, heavy traffic on the Thruway.
So if you're staying local, here's your guide to navigating Nyack and Piermont.
What's open Monday
(Nyack), 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Walgreens (Nyack), 8 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Community Market (Piermont), 7:30 a.m. - 9 p.m.
What's closed Monday
Friday, August 31 - Early Getaway Commuter Service:
- Rockland County’s TAPPAN ZEExpress (TZx) bus service will provide additional buses on regularly scheduled afternoon departures from Tarrytown to accommodate an expected early rush hour.
- Transport of Rockland (TOR) and TRIPS paratransit buses will operate normal weekday service.
- Coach USA’s Rockland Coaches (Red & Tan Lines) express bus routes from Manhattan to Rockland will operate early getaway service. Route #45 will begin service at 1:50 pm, Route #47 will begin at 2:30 pm and Route #49 will begin at 2:15 pm.
- The Coach USA Express (Shortline) bus service from the Exit 14 Park & Ride lot will operate a modified schedule from Exit 14 in the morning and in the afternoon. Early getaway afternoon buses from Manhattan will be added at 2:30 pm and 3:00 pm from 56th St. & 5th Ave. and at 2:30 pm from Wall Street.
- NJ Transit will add extra outbound trains. On the Main/Bergen Line, an early train will depart from New York’s Penn Station at 2:33 pm and from Hoboken at 2:45 pm and on the Pascack Valley Line from Penn Station at 2:33 pm and Hoboken at 2:51 pm. The Main/Bergen Line train that normally departs Penn Station at 6:03 pm and Hoboken at 6:11 pm will be cancelled.
- The Pascack Valley Line train that normally departs Penn Station at 5:44 pm and Hoboken at 5:55 pm will be cancelled.
Monday, September 3 - Labor Day Service:
- Rockland County’s TZx and TOR buses will operate Saturday service, except that TOR Loop #1 and Loop #2 will operate normal weekday schedules.
- TRIPS paratransit buses will operate A.D.A. service only.
- Coach USA’s Rockland Coaches (Red & Tan Lines) local bus routes #9, 9W, 11-A, 11-C and 20 will operate Sunday schedules. Commuter express routes will not operate.
- Coach USA’s Shortline buses and Monsey Trails buses will operate Holiday schedules.
- Clarkstown Mini Trans, Spring Valley Jitney and Coach USA Express (Exit 14 Park & Ride) buses will not operate.
- The Haverstraw-Ossining Ferry will not operate.
- Metro-North’s Hudson Line and Port Jervis Line trains will operate Sunday schedules.
- NJ Transit trains will operate Weekend schedules on the Main/Bergen Line and on the Pascack Valley Line.
- Go to www.rocklandbus.com for TOR and TAPPAN ZEExpress schedules and links to all transit systems. Call the Transit Information Center at (845) 364-3333, Monday through Friday between 9 am and 5 pm, for trip planning assistance.