Each week, we'll give you the info on the best family activities or events for the week.
You're time-pressed enough, so we're happy to do the research and find the best things to do and places to go, both locally and within reasonable striking distance.
Look for the kids' planner each Wednesday, and help us build the planner with your own suggestions and tips‚ just add them to the comment box. We want to hear from you!
Catherine Konner Sculpture Park @ RoCA
- When/Where: Saturday and Sunday, 10:00 am/Rockland Center for the Arts, 27 S Greenbush Rd, West Nyack
- Why Go: Visit the Catherine Konner Sculpture Park at Rockland Center for the Arts (RoCA) to see the permanent sculptures on exhibit and landscaping by Omni Landscaping.
- Cost/Contact: Freefirstname.lastname@example.org
- When/Where: Sunday, February 26, 10:00 am/530 Piermont Ave, Piermont
- Why Go: Enjoy an environment with engaging art and an array of vendors with natural, organic and offerings with no preservatives.
- Cost/Contact: Freeemail@example.com
- When/Where: Sunday, February 26 from 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m./JCC of Rockland, 450 W Nyack Rd, West Nyack
- Why Go: Join us for an afternoon of fun as we celebrate the Purim holiday with carnival games, inflatables, treats and more! Slides and bounce house provided by K&A House of Bounce. Game booths, prizes, arts and crafts, ball pit, clowns, face painting and treats!
- Cost/Contact: $25 per family/(845) 362-4400 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- When/Where: Feb. 25 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Feb. 26 from noon to 5 p.m./United Methodist Church of Pearl River.
- Why Go: Because model trains are excellent, old-school family entertainment. Now in its 23rd year, the Bergen County Model Railroad Club’s show is always a popular one. The exhibit features four layouts with trains of many shapes and sizes. This is the third of three weekends for the exhibit, ending March 4.
- Cost/Contact: Tickets cost $5 for adults, $2 for children./For more information, go to www.bcmrrc.com