Report of Fire in Nyack Turns Out to be Blocked Chimney at Hudson Avenue Building

Neighbor spotted rooftop problem from apartment on Broadway.

Nyack volunteer firefighters found that a Hudson Avenue building had a blocked chimney Thursday night after a neighbor reported seeing fire.

A resident of an apartment on Broadway reported at about 10:23 p.m. that he saw a possible fire on the roof of a nearby building. Nyack Fire Department Deputy Chief Vincent Reid said firefighters discovered the problem was at 39 Hudson Ave.

Firefighters went into the building and onto its roof to check a fireplace and a metal chimney. Reid said the chimney appeared to have been blocked.

The building did not appear to have fire damage and smoke did not get inside the building.

The fire investigation closed two blocks of Broadway by the Nyack Post Office and Hudson Avenue to traffic. No one was injured.

Firefighters completed their operations at about 11:30 p.m.

Victor G April 29, 2013 at 08:44 PM
We are all well, thanks for any concern and for our great fire dept. Come on Friday at 8pm to join us at our latin dance party....we will have lots of fun.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »