Tuesday, that means suggesting ways to spend your New Year's Eve.
- Welcome 2014 with simultaneous fireworks in Nyack, Piermont and Haverstraw at midnight. Free fireworks and parking with funding provided by the Rockland County Office of Tourism & Economic Development and I Love NY. View the Piermont display at Flywheel Park on Piermont Avenue. Watch the Nyack fireworks at Memorial Park on Piermont Avenue. See the Haverstraw fireworks at either Emeline Park at 16 Front Street or Bowline Park at 1 Bowline Plant Road.
- The festivities begin at Dave & Buster’s in West Nyack at 9 p.m. and last until 2 a.m. with a $20 Power Card for the Million Dollar Midway, three hour buffet, Champagne Toast atmidnight and late night dessert buffet. Packages available for adults, teens and children. Go here for reservation information.
- Pier 701 Restaurant & Bar in Piermont is offering a choice of Pre-Fixe ($65) or regular menu for its New Year's Eve festivities. The three-hour open bar from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. costs $40. The back deck offers a view of the fireworks on the Hudson River at midnight. There will be live music by the Slippery Chickens starting at 9:30 p.m. Read more here.
- Nyack Seaport features a prix-fixe menu during it's New Year's Eve event, which includes cocktails, dinner, dessert, a midnight toast and party favors. Dress is semiformal. The price is $225 per couple (not including tax and service charge). For reservations, call (845) 353-3200.
- 8 North Broadway's New Year's Eve begins at 6 p.m. The cost is $55 for three courses, but seating is limited. For reservations, call (845) 353-1200 or email email@example.com.