There are many ways to keep busy around Nyack, Piermont and the surrounding area weekend, and we're here to help you decide which happenings are for you.
Read on to learn more about upcoming local events.
- Where: Masonic Park Fair Grounds at 89 Western Highway in Tappan
- When: Friday, Sept. 12 from 5 p.m. to midnight; Saturday, Sept. 13 from 11 a.m. to midnight; Sunday, Sept. 14 from noon to 9 p.m.
- Cost: Admission is $2. Children under 10 get in free. Parking is free.
- Description: In additional to traditional Italian food mixed in with carnival rides, games, a casino tent, non-stop live entertainment, artists, and raffles. The event began Thursday and continues through Sunday. To fond out more, check out this calendar event on Patch or go to www.blauveltsonsofitaly.org.
- Where: Kennelly's Grille House in Congers
- When: Saturday, Sept. 14 from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Cost: $40 for adults, $10 for children six and up and free for children five and younger.
- Description: This family-friendly event raises money for the Jason Krause "Kick" Cancer Scholarship and for Jason K: A Matter of Hope at the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. Meet sports celebrities including former Yankees David Cone, Cecil Fielder and Mickey Rivers, former Mets pitcher John Franco, Ken Daneyko from the New Jersey Devils and former boxer Gerry Cooney. Entertainment includes Outragehiss Pets, a magician, an arts and crafts table, bouncy castle and a DJ. Raffle grand prize is two tickets with VIP party passes to the big game in New Jersey in Feb. 2014. Admission pays for food and beverages and the first 300 people to arrive get a free t-shirt.
- Where: Nyack Fencing Academy at 40 Lydecker Street in Nyack
- Sunday, Sept. 15 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Cost: Admission is free
- Description: The Nyack Fencing Academy will be hosting a Youth and Novice Tournament with staff available to talk to parents and potential fencers about the sport and the program.