There are tons of ways to keep busy around Nyack, Piermont and Pearl River this weekend, and we're here to help you decide which happenings are for you.
Here are the details for four local events. Scroll down to the end of this article for information on a few more.
- Where: Nyack Library, 59 South Broadway in Nyack
- When: Friday, Aug. 23 at 7:30 p.m.
- Cost: Range from $15 to $25
- Description: Billy and Steven "Muddy" Roues will perform a mix of styles from Chicago Blues to British Invasion in this show presented by the Carnegie Concert Series. For tickets, go to www.carnegieroom.org or visit Nyack Library.
- Where: Torne Valley Vineyards, 1 Torne Brook Rd, Hillburn
- When: Saturday, Aug. 24 at 11:30 a.m., 2 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
- Cost: $56 per person
- Description: ChocoVin holds three chocolate pairing sessions featuring fine Torne Valley wines and award-winning artisan chocolates from Luxx Chocolat. Two experts, Master Chocolatier Lisa Mecray Rogers and Certified Wine Educator Debra Marchese will host all the one-hour events.
- Where: Provident Bank Park, Pomona
- When: Saturday, Aug. 24 at 6:30 p.m.
- Cost: Infield Box seats are $6 when two or more tickets are purchased.
- Description: To thank local volunteers from every organization, the Rockland Boulders and The Volunteer Center of the United Way are offering discounted tickets to the game against playoff rivals the New Jersey Jackals.
- When: Sunday, Aug. 25 from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Where: St. Augustine’s Church, 140 Maple Avenue, New City
- Cost: Free
- Description: The Super Community Blood Drive is St. Augustine Church's Annual Blood drive. Everyone who signs up and donates will be entered into a drawing for two tickets for the 2014 Super Bowl at Giants Stadium. Eat a light meal before donating and bring photo ID.
Visit the Patch calendar for more great events.