Let Patch make it easy for you to get all the information you need in one place so you can be an informed citizen to make the best decisions for your family, the community and the future.
Don't forget to sign up for our newsletter, and check out the events calendar to make sure you don't miss a thing.
Tuesday, Jan. 14
- Four Rockland County legislative committees will meet tonight. Public Safety is scheduled to meet at 5:15 p.m.; Multi Services at 6 p.m.; Planning & Public Works at 7 p.m. and Budget & Finance at 7:15 p.m. All committee sessions are held at 11 New Hempstead Road and are open to the public.
- The contract for AppliedGolf to manage Broadacres Golf Course for the Town of Orangetown will be on the agenda when the Orangetown Town Council meets 7:30 p.m. in Orangetown Town Hall. The board's meeting schedule for 2014 is also on the agenda, which is available on the town website here.
- The South Orangetown Central School District Board of Education meets at 6:30 p.m. in Room 165 in South Orangetown Middle School at 160 Van Wyck Road in Blauvelt. The board is expected to begin the meeting with an executive session and go into the public portion of the session around 7:30 p.m. The agenda is available on the district website here.
- Eat at Smashburger and help Meals of Wheels. Smashburger will donate a percentage of today's net proceeds to Meals on Wheels. Meals on Wheels Programs & Services of Rockland, Inc. serves the homebound, seniors and others in Rockland County through a multi-purpose agency which focuses on nutritional, recreational and social support programs. Find more details here.
- ARC of Rockland will honor Alex Messer of Valley Cottage and Alan Albert of Pearl River during its Annual Martin Luther King Jr. Awards Ceremony at 9:30 a.m. at its Congers location. Get more information here.
- Party on the Porch with Congregation Sons of Israel begins 7 p.m. at Art cafe at 65 South Broadway in Nyack. Find out more about the free social event here.