Let Patch make it easy for you to get all the information you need in one place so you can be an informed citizen to make the best decisions for your family, the community and the future.
Don't forget to sign up for our newsletter, and check out the events calendar to make sure you don't miss a thing.
Monday, Jan. 27
- Rockland Community College begins its celebration of African American history by opening an archival photo exhibit of the Harlem Renaissance on the second floor of the Technology Center. Find out more here.
- Nyack Library's Tuesday's at Two movie is "The Manchurian Candidate" starring Denzel Washington. The movie is rated R and runs 129 minutes. It was directed by Jonathan Demme and features some shots from Rockland County. Find out more here.
- There will be a fundraising Italian cooking class run by chef John Carollo at Del Arte's Restaurant in Orangeburg 6:30 p.m. Tuesday. Proceeds from the $55 per participant will go to the Lourdes Kids of Rockland, which will send special needs children on a pilgrimage to the Our Lady of Lourdes Shrine in France. Find out more here.
- The Orangetown Council meets 7:30 p.m at Orangetown Town Hall in Orangeburg.
- Barnes & Noble on the fourth floor of Palisades Center Mall in West Nyack will share What's Your Favorite Animal?, a book of illustrations and personal stories by Eric Carle and 13 other children's book artists talking about their favorite animals and why they love them. This is a free reading of the book along with other activities for children. Read more here.
- The Rockland County Wrestling Championship Tournament begins 9 a.m. at Tappan Zee High School in Orangeburg.
- Nyack's "Village With A Heart" will be going on at businesses all through the village during the day and evening in an event sponsored by Dr. Dwayne Bodie, DMD, Columbia Doctors of the Hudson Valley, Koblin's Pharmacy and the merchants and restaurants of Nyack. Participating businesses will donate $1 to the American Heart Association for every purchase. Find out more at nyackmarketingassociation.org.