Let Patch make it easy for you to get all the information you need in one place so you can be an informed citizen to make the best decisions for your family, the community and the future.
Don't forget to sign up for our newsletter, and check out the events calendar to make sure you don't miss a thing.
Monday, Nov. 4
- The Rockland County Legislature’s Budget & Finance Committee is reviewing the proposed 2014 budget. Beginning at 7 p.m. the members will discuss revenue and mandates. The meeting is open to the public and will be held at 11 New Hempstead Road in New City.
- Learn more about the development of solar energy at 7 p.m. at the Nyack Public Library on Broadway in Nyack. Read more about Solar Energy and Your Home here.
- National broadcaster and author Ed Randall will interview former New York Mets Manager Omar Minaya in the second of St. Thomas Aquinas College's "Art of the Interview" series at 7 p.m. in STAC's Sullivan Theatre. Admission is free. Read more here.
- The Rockland County Coaches' Association's fall meeting begins 7 p.m. at the Pearl River Elks Club in Nanuet.
- Election day. Polls open at 6 a.m. and close at 9 p.m. Registered voters in Clarkstown will be casting ballots for Rockland County Executive and County Clerk; Orangetown Town Supervisor, Council members, Highway Superintendent, Clerk and Justice, Nyack Mayor, Nyack Trustees, Piermont Mayor, Piermont Trustees, Piermont Justice, Ninth Judicial District Judges and one local and six statewide Referendums.
- Senator David Carlucci is partnering with Nyack Hospital and providing free flu shots. The clinic begins at 4 p.m.and nurses will be available to answer questions and dispense the flu shots to anyone above the age of 19. Pregnant women who wish to receive a shot must present a prescription from their physician. Anyone interested in participating should call Senator Carlucci’s office at (845) 623-3627 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make a Difference Rockland will bring together over 70 of Rockland County's non-profit and service organizations from 3:15 p.m. to 6 p.m. at Tappan Zee High School. Read more about this free event sponsored by the Tappan Zee Leo Club here.
- Piermont's Girls Night Out begins at 5 p.m. Participating stores from this night of holiday shopping will donate part of their proceeds to WhyHunger.org. Find out more here.
- Veterans and local officials and emergency responders will be among those joining in the traditional Veterans Day at the Walkway of Heroes at Lester Drive and Independence Avenue in Orangeburg from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.