Let Patch make it easy for you to get all the information you need in one place so you can be an informed citizen to make the best decisions for your family, the community and the future.
Don't forget to sign up for our newsletter, and check out the events calendar to make sure you don't miss a thing.
Monday, Dec. 9
- Local officials, educators, students and community members will gather at all five school buildings in the Nyack Public School District Monday morning. They will be at Nyack High School at 7 a.m., Nyack Middle School at 7:30 a.m. and Liberty Elementary, Valley Cottage Elementary and Upper Nyack Elementary at 8 a.m. Find out more here.
- The Orangetown Supervisor election is still pending rulings on multiple petitions by Judge Victor J. Alfieri. Testimony is complete and final submissions from the attorneys were in last Thursday, with a ruling likely to come Monday. The most recent update is here.
- The Nyack Joint Fire District will hold its annual election from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. Voters south of Main Street will vote at the Depew Manor Senior Center and those on the north side will go to the district offices at 13 Park Street in Nyack. In addition to voting for one Fire District Commissioner for a five-year term, there are three propositions including bonds to acquire the Park Street Fire Station and to renovate Empire Hook & Ladder in Upper Nyack. Read the full notice here.
- The new E. Peninsula Restaurant at 65 Main Street in Nyack will hold a grand opening at 4 p.m.
- Dr. Bruce Pinker, Project Joy and People to People will gather for their 6th annual Shoe Drive Celebration from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. in 2 Blue Hill Plaza.
- There will be a presentation and discussion of methods for helping a friend or loved one deal with addiction at 7 p.m. at Temple Beth Torah at 330 N. Highland Ave. Find out more here.
- The Orangetown Council will hold a police commission meeting at 7 p.m. in Orangetown Town Hall, followed by a town board workshop.
- Red Cross will partner with Communities That Care for a blood drive from noon to 5 p.m in the fourth floor community room at Palisades Center Mall. All donors will receive a free t-shirt and be entered for a chance to win two tickets to Super Bowl XLVIII. Appointments are not necessary, but recommended. Go to www.redcrossblood.org or call 1-800-RED-CROSS.
- The Nyack Village Board of Trustees meets for a workshop and regular meeting starting 6:30 p.m. in Nyack Village Hall.