Find out what's happening in and round Nyack and Piermont this week.
Let Patch make it easy for you to get all the information you need in one place so you can be an informed citizen to make the best decisions for your family, the community and the future.
Don't forget to sign up for our newsletter, and check out the events calendar to make sure you don't miss a thing.
Monday, Sept. 16
- Attend a VIP screening of Jerusalem The Movie at the Imax Palisades at 7 p.m. For ticket information, contact 845-627-3000 or email@example.com.
- The Alzheimer's Association will present Making Sense of Challenging Behavior at 2:30 p.m. at Valley Cottage Library, a workshop designed to help caregivers understand and deal with behaviors brought on by Alzheimer's disease.
- The Rockland County Legislature meets at 7 p.m. at 11 New Hempstead Road in New City.
- Nyack Public Schools will hold the first of three information sessions 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Nyack Center regarding a $26.7 million bond referendum that will come to a vote Oct. 26. For more, see this report on Patch.
- The Piermont Board of Trustees meet at 7:30 p.m. in Piermont Village Hall. Click here for the agenda for Tuesday's meeting.
- The Orangetown Council workshop meeting begins 8 p.m. Tuesday in Orangetown Town Hall. The 2014 will continue to be a key topic with the Supervisor's tentative budget proposal due Sept. 24.
Wednesday, Sept. 18
- Absentee ballot counting takes place at the Board of Elections warehouse in Pomona at 10 a.m.
- Be part of the 24th Annual County Executive Arts Awards Gala Celebration at 7 p.m. at Rockland County Community College. Tickets are free but limited in number. Call 845-708-7300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve seats.
- Child Care Resources of Rockland, Inc. will hold its fifth annual LOL! Laugh Out Loud Comedy Night 6 p.m. Thursday at the Pearl River Hilton. Tickets for this fundraiser cost $55 per person and include free beer and whine at a cocktail reception. CCRR helps families find early childhood education and school age child care services, supports local child care programs and acts as an advocate for child care and education.The show starts at 7 p.m. Find out more here.
- Meet 11 local authors at a panel in the Palisades Center Barnes & Noble at 7 p.m. Thursday. For more information, click here.
- Growler and Gill will hold a special craft beer tasting to benefit Autism Speaks from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Thursday. Cost is $25 per person, with $10 going to Austism Speaks, and that includes two pint glasses of craft beer and finger food. Find out more here.
- The Pearl River High School Girls Tennis Tournament begins Friday and wraps up Saturday at Pearl River High School and Cherry Brook Park. High school teams from East Ramapo, Albertus Magnus, Nanuet, Nyack and Tappan Zee will join Pearl River for the two-day early-season test for these Rockland rivals.