Let Patch make it easy for you to get all the information you need in one place so you can be an informed citizen to make the best decisions for your family, the community and the future.
Don't forget to sign up for our newsletter, and check out the events calendar to make sure you don't miss a thing.
Monday, Dec. 30
- Challenger Center Mini-Space Camp sessions run from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. or 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Challenger Learning Center on Route 59 in Airmont. Children in grades kindergarten through fourth can attend one or two sessions. They can create Lego robots or toys that are controlled by a computer. The cost for non-Ramapo residents is $40 for one session or $75 for two sessions. Go towww.LVHCC.com or call 845-357-3614 to register and for more information.
- The Rockland County Legislature’s Budget & Finance Committee is schedule to meet at 6:45 p.m. followed by a meeting of the full legislature at 7 p.m. The legislative session will begin with a public hearing on transferring the remaining county rights for Building A at the Yeager Health Center to the Rockland County Health Facilities Corporation for possible sale. The legislature will vote on setting the 2014 county property tax rate. Find more details here.
- Welcome 2014 with simultaneous fireworks in Nyack, Piermont and Haverstraw at midnight. Free fireworks and parking with funding provided by the Rockland County Office of Tourism & Economic Development and I Love NY. View the Piermont display at Flywheel Park on Piermont Avenue. Watch the Nyack fireworks at Memorial Park on Piermont Avenue. See the Haverstraw fireworks at either Emeline Park at 16 Front Street or Bowline Park at 1 Bowline Plant Road. Check each village’s website for more details: www.piermontchamber.org,www.nyack-ny.gov and www.voh-ny.com.
- Celebrate at the Regency Ballroom at the Comfort Inn & Suites In Nanuet. The grand buffet and open bar will be available from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m. for $85 per person plus tax. Special hotel room rates can be reserved by going here.
- The festivities begin at Dave & Buster’s in West Nyack at 9 p.m. and last until 2 a.m. with a $20 Power Card for the Million Dollar Midway, three hour buffet, Champagne Toast atmidnight and late night dessert buffet. Packages available for adults, teens and children. Go here for reservation information.
- Nyack Seaport features a prix-fixe menu during it's New Year's Eve event, which includes cocktails, dinner, dessert, a midnight toast and party favors. Dress is semiformal. The price is $225 per couple (not including tax and service charge). For reservations, call (845) 353-3200.
- Comedian Jim Breuer will perform two sets at Levity Live Comedy Club in Palisades Center, one at 6 p.m. and the second at 9:15 p.m. The show is for ages 18 and up and tickets cost between $40 and $80. For more information, go to levitylive.com.
- Emmett's Castle at 285 Blue Hill Road in Pearl River will hold a New Year's Eve Masquerade Party beginning at 7:30 p.m. There will be music from the '60s, '70s and '80s, a five-course meal a an open bar for $125 per person. Find out more here.
- We will wish you all a Happy New Year at midnight.
- Attend Rockland County Executive Ed Day’s swearing in ceremony at the Fire Training Center in Pomona. The event is open to the public and an early arrival is recommended. Further information about the ceremony can be found here.