Voters approved the improvement projects Oct. 29, which includes spending $5 million in capital reserves and bonding for $21.4 million, and district staff and consultants provided three options to the board Tuesday. The PowerPoint presentation of the three schedule options presented can be found through the district website here.
Work will not begin until the summer of 2015. Plans must be submitted to the New York State Education Department for approval, a lengthy process due to the backlog at the state level.
Among the projects for 2015 under the plan chosen Tuesday night are:
- District-wide technology and security upgrades
- Nyack HIgh School and Nyack Middle School classroom upgrades
- Replace fire alarms at Nyack High School, Nyack Middle School, Upper Nyack and Valley Cottage Elementary
- Replace boilers and pneumatic controls at Upper Nyack and Valley Cottage Elementary
- Retention pond and drainage projects at the high school and middle school
- Replace systems near end of useful life at Upper Nyack
- Complete all improvements at Valley Cottage Elementary
- Build new natural grass softball field at Nyack High School
Work at Upper Nyack Elementary and Nyack Middle School would be completed in 2017, with Liberty Elementary improvements completed by the summer of 2019.