Toski & Co. P.C. will present its report on the to the Rockland Legislature tonight. The presentation will include an evaluation of the transferring Summit Park to a Public Benefit Corporation and other options including privatization alternatives.
Summit Park Hospital in Pomona is a 57 bed longterm acute care hospital and the Summit Park Nursing Care Center is a 321-bed nursing care facility with aan Alzheimer's Unit.
The legislature will vote on declaring May 15, 2012 as “Mayday for Mandate Relief.”
The resolution urges the Mandate Relief Council to act on a package of mandate relief proposals and submit them to the governor and state legislators during the current session. The resolution states the well-intentioned mandates cause financial difficulties for many counties.
“Whereas, while the goals of these State mandates are worthy - providing help for families, promoting health, assisting the lives of the elderly and ensuring early intervention for children and youth to avoid more costly later interventions- these mandates, which come without appropriate financial support, are the root cause of high county property and sales taxes in New York and have led to a decline in the delivery of other local important services...”
Legislators will consider a resolution to rename Demarest Kill Park in honor of two former county legislators, Kenneth P. Zebrowski and Thomas P. Morahan as the Zebrowski-Morahan Park. Zebrowski was a state assemblyman as well as a legislator. Morahan was a state senator and legislator.
The legislature has several bond resolutions on its agenda.
- The $1 million bond for the Demarest Kill County Park Dam would cover engineering, permits, construction, inspection and other expenses.
- The $600,000 bond for county courthouse security system upgrades would cover new computer hardware and software and security doors and camera equipment.
- The $500,000 bond for the automotive garage improvements includes lighting, floor surfaces, ventilation, ceiling and vehicle lifts.
- The $500,000 bond for countywide HVAC upgrades addresses heating, ventilation and air conditioning updates.
- A $650,000 bond addition to the $8 million already appropriated is being requested for expansion of and upgrades to the Radio Communications Room at the Fire Training Center plus purchase of fire alarm communications equipment.
The legislature's meeting begins at 7 p.m.