The Orangetown Council will recognize members of the Pearl River girls basketball and track teams at Tuesday's regular meeting, which begins at 7:30 p.m. in the town hall.
The Pearl River girls basketball team won the second section championship in the program's history with a 39-33 victory over Tappan Zee March 4.
Pearl River won boys and girls championships this past Friday at the Section 1 Class B Track and Field Meet at Beacon. Pearl River's boys and girls teams also won section championships in outdoor track and field and cross country.
There will also be a presentation regarding the "Streets Named for Our Fallen Heroes" project by the Orangetown Highway Department at the beginning of Tuesday's meeting.
The full agenda and backup materials for Tuesday's meeting are attached to this report.
The town council will consider the adoption of a computer system security breach notification policy. The full description of the policy can be found in the backup materials for the meeting.
"This is one piece of our staff manual, which is a work in progress," Orangetown Supervisor Andy Stewart said during last week's workshop. "The IT security issue is a pressing one."
"It's fairly boilerplate and I support it 100 percent," Councilman Denis Troy said.
One item discussed extensively at last week's meeting but not on the initial agenda for tonight is the move to an internet-based phone system, which has already been tested in some town departments. More details on the phone system can be found here.
Potential regulation of the use of leaf blowers was also a topic of discussion last week but did not appear on the preliminary agenda for this week's meeting.
Other items on the agenda include:
- Aid for the Orangetown Relay for Life, scheduled for June 15-16 in Pearl River, including barricades, trash barrels and port-o-sans.
- Increase Justice Court budget by $15,048, which reflects the receipt of a grant to be used for furniture and cabinets.
- Awards transportation contract for 2012 Orangetown summer camp to Chestnut Ridge Transportation, the only qualified bidder. The cost is $348 per all-day bus and $246 per bus for morning and afternoon service.
- Award mowing contract for Rockland Psychiatric Center to Creative Touch Landscaping of Pearl River for $17,572.78.
- Appoint Andrew Eanniello as a part-time court constable in the justice department at a rate of $20 per hour.