As the highway departments prep for the snowstorm and the Village of Nyack is also taking proper precautions.
"We've all been through Sandy and I hope this is just a standard snow storm," said Nyack Mayor Jen Laird-White.
The Village of Nyack also announced it may need to implement its new snow policy due to possible storm conditions.
In this policy, if you're in the impacted area, you may need to move your car(s) off the Village streets. The impacted area is marked in blue in the map attached to this article. The map can also be found here.
Once a Snow Emergency has been declared, those residents without off-street parking will be allowed to park in any of the Village’s public parking lots.
- Artopee Way Parking Lot
- Riverspace Parking Lot
- Spear Street Parking Lot
- Catherine Street Parking Lot
- Nyack Marina Parking Lot (south side)
Parking will be free in all lots listed above for the duration of the Snow Emergency Declaration. People parked in these lots will have 12 hours after the Snow Emergency has been lifted to move their cars out of the lot.
"We will only implement the policy if conditions are severe enough to warrant it. Determination on whether the snow policy will be implemented will happen closer to the arrival of the storm but with enough time for residents to move their vehicles into their driveways or to find alternatives, whether in Village lots or elsewhere. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause but are certain that this policy, like those in many other municipalities will make snow cleanup faster and safer," according to its website.
The notification to the public that a Snow Emergency has been declared will be made by:
- The Village website, http://nyack-ny.gov , will post the declaration of a Snow Emergency as well as when it is lifted.
- You can sign up for e-mail alerts on the Village’s Web Site.
- Radio announcements on WHUD 100.7, The Peak 107.1, K104.7, WPMB 92.9, and WGHQ 920, WBNR 1260, WLNA 1420;
- The NY Alert notification system will be used to notify those who have signed on to the system. We encourage you to sign up for the alerts that are offered by going to www.NYAlert.com .
- The Village Hotline will provide a verbal message of the declaration of a Snow Emergency, and will provide a verbal message when it is lifted. 845-358-5626
These notification outlets will also announce when the snow Emergency has been lifted.