Name : John R. LaCava
Age : 65
Place of residence : Yonkers, NY
Attended college : Yes
College : Fordham College at Rose Hill
Degree : B.A.
Year of graduation : 1969
University : Fordham Law School
Area of research : Legal Studies
Year of graduation : J.D. 1973
Has served in the military: Yes
Rank : S-4 Army National Guard
Date when discharged from duty : 20 July 1975
Job titles held : 1. Assistant District Attorney;
2. Yonkers City Court Judge:
3. Westchester County Court Judge;
4. NYS Supreme Court Justice
1. Westchester County District Attorney;
2. 3. 4. New York State Unified Court System
Party affiliation : Republican
Running for a: State office
Running for position: New York State Supreme Court Justice
Chamber/district: 9th Judicial District
First elected: 04 September 1998
Previous elective offices : Yonkers City Court Judge Westchester County Court Judge
Unsuccessful bids for elective offices : NYS Supreme Court Justice (1996)
Website : http://www.justicelacava.com/
1. I also serve as an Associate Justice of the Appellate Term of the Supreme Court, 2nd Department, 9th and 10th Judicial Districts.
2. On August 10, 2012 I was notified that I was rated "Highly Qualified" for election as Justice of the Supreme Court by the Independent Judicial Election Qualification Commission of the Appellate Division, Second Judicial Department.
3. Together with Justice Thomas Dickerson I have co-authered three articles (published in 2010, 2011, and 2012 the New York Law Journal and/or the Westchester Bar Journal) on New York State Tax Certiorari, Tax Exemption, and Eminent Domain cases.