A 45-year-old woman from Sparkill injured her right hand when it was caught in a machine at a factory in Congers, according to police and fire officials.
said the worker at Intercos America, 200 N. Route 303, Congers, got her hand stuck in a hydroulic press used in the manufacturing of cosmetics at about 10:22 p.m. Police, volunteers of the and Congers-Valley Cottage Ambulance Corps were called to assist.
, first assistant chief of the Congers Fire Department, said that as emergency crews arrived at the factory workers there were able to get the woman's hand freed from the machinery. The woman was taken to by Congers-Valley Cottage ambulance for treatment.
Police said that the incident appeared to be caused by human error.