Each week, we'll give you the info on the best family activities or events for the week.
You're time-pressed enough, so we're happy to do the research and find the best things to do and places to go, both locally and within reasonable striking distance.
Look for the kids' planner each week, and help us build the planner with your own suggestions and tips‚ just add them to the comment box. We want to hear from you!
- When/Where: Friday, Saturday and Sunday/IMAX Theatre at Palisades Center, 4270 Palisades Center Dr, West Nyack
- Why Go: If the kids are into superheroes and underdogs (and what youngsters aren’t?), Spiderman on the big screen can’t be beat
- Cost/Contact: Ticket prices vary/845-353-5555
- When/Where: Saturday, July 14, all day/Edward Hopper House Art Center, 82 N Broadway, Nyack
- Why Go: Introduce the kids to Rockland’s most famous painter by browsing some of Hopper’s most compelling pieces
- Cost/Contact: Free/845-358-0774
- When/Where: Saturday, July 14 at 11 a.m./New City Library at 220 N Main St in New City
- Why Go: Ages 3 and up can come enjoy magician and ventriloquist Steve Woyce
- Cost/Contact: Free/www.newcitylibrary.org
Family (and Zombie) Movie Night
- When/Where: Friday, July 13, 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the
- Why Go: Have a bored teenager? Bring them to the Nanuet Library’s Zombie night for some fun. It’s open to grade sic graduates thru grade 12 graduates. There will be zombie games and a special effects artist will be there to enhance your zombie look
- Cost/Contact: Registration required, but it's free/