Each week, we'll give you the info on the best family activities or events for the week.
You're time-pressed enough, so we're happy to do the research and find the best things to do and places to go, both locally and within reasonable striking distance.
Look for the kids' planner each Wednesday, and help us build the planner with your own suggestions and tips‚ just add them to the comment box. We want to hear from you!
Shriners Circus Comes to Tappan
- When/Where: Saturday, Sept. 22, all day / 120 Western Hwy, Tappan
- Why Go: The circus known for its clowns makes a local stop.
- Cost/Contact: $15 / (845) 523-3123
St. Paul Parish’s Fun Day
- When/Where: Sunday, Sept. 23, noon / 365 Kings Hwy, Valley Cottage
- Why Go: Stop by for food, inflatable rides and more.
- Cost/Contact: Free / (845) 268-4464
- When/Where: Saturday, Sept. 22 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. / DeCicco Markets, 180 South Main St, New City
- Why Go: Help fight pediatric cancer by raising money for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
- Cost/Contact: Free
- When/Where: Saturday, Sept. 22 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. / Congers Lake Memorial Park, 6 Gilchrest Rd, Congers
- Why Go: The event includes fly fishing archery demonstrations and hunting dogs. It is a day to educate and inform the public about outdoor sports.
- Cost/Contact: Free / usaofrockland.com
- When/Where: 1:30 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 20 / Pearl River Public Library
- Why Go: For ages two to five, accompanied by an adult. This preschool party is a celebration of the characters Max and Ruby, created by Rosemary Wells. Children will hear stories, play games, make a craft and enjoy a snack.
- Cost/Contact: Free / Pre-registration began Sept. 10. For more information, contact Pamela Gunning at (845) 735-4084 ext 126.
Pearl River Auto Show
- When/Where: Sunday, Sept. 23 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. / Central Ave. Field, Pearl River
- Why Go: Family-friendly show organized by the Rockland Rodders and Pearl River Hook and Ladder expects to draw over 200 vehicles from Rockland surrounding counties, New Jersey, Connecticut and Pennsylvania. Children will also be able to receive free ID cards courtesy of New York Life Insurance Company. Proceeds go to local charities, including fire departments and ambulance corps.
- Cost/Contact: Registration is $20 per car, but no charge to attend / For more information, go to www.rocklandrodders.com.