Each week, we'll give you the info on the best family activities or events for the week.
You're time-pressed enough, so we're happy to do the research and find the best things to do and places to go, both locally and within reasonable striking distance.
Look for the kids' planner each Wednesday, and help us build the planner with your own suggestions and tips‚ just add them to the comment box. We want to hear from you!
- When/Where: Friday, March 9, 2012, 6:00 pm/142 Lake Rd, Valley Cottage
- Why Go: Have dinner with the kids—and your neighbors—for a good cause
- Cost/Contact: $firstname.lastname@example.org
- When/Where: Saturday, March 10, 10:00 a.m./110 Demarest Mill Rd, West Nyack
- Why Go: Parents and their children, ages 3 ½ to 12, are invited to visit the Blue Rock School’s beautiful, four-acre campus, including the brand new Arts & Nature Studies Annex and pool
- Cost/Contact: Freeemail@example.com
Scottish Country Dance Demo
- When/Where: 2 p.m. on Saturday, Mar. 10 at the
- Why Go: The New Jersey Branch of the Royal Scottish Country Dance Society will be at the Nanuet Public Library this Saturday. They’re going to demonstrate Scottish Country Dancing and people have the opportunity to participate and try it themselves. A great program for all ages!
- Cost/Contact: Free/
- When/Where: Tuesday, March 13 from 7 p.m. to 8:45 p.m. in the Pearl River Public Library community room.
- Why Go: Players from the Rockland Boulders minor-league baseball team will speak with children in kindergarten through sixth grade about the importance of being in shape to play baseball. They will share exercises and batting tips.
- Cost/Contact: Free, but pre-registration is required. Contact Pamela Gunning at (845) 735-4084 extension 126.