The Nyack Outdoor Farmers’ Market kicked off its 16th year Thursday morning with a ribbon-cutting ceremony, kicking off the spring/summer season. Nyack Mayor Jen Laird-White was joined by vendors, Assemblywoman Ellen Jaffee and Nyack Village Trustee Marie Lorenzini at the ceremony.
The market is open Thursdays from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Riverspace parking lot. This year's market is sponsored by GrenMountain Energy Compan and Green Meadow Waldorf School.
There are 21 vendors at the market, giving patrons one-stop shopping for items such as breads, fruits and vegetables, pies, honey, pickles, flowers, jams, egg, meat, milk, yogurt, soy wax candles, bars of soap, humus, wine and much more.
The market also has demonstrations and performances each week.
The vendors at the outdoor market this season are:
- Bill Batson Arts
- Bluefield Farm
- Cactus Pete’s Homemade Jerky (once a month)
- Central Bakery
- Clean Ridge Soap Company (once a month)
- DOC Pickles
- Hummingbird Ranch
- Gajeski Produce (through May 23rd)
- GrenMountain Energy Company (sponsor)
- Green Meadow Waldorf School (sponsor)
- Jordan Brenner’s Hot-Cha WAA-Cha Sauces (once a month)
- Kiernan Farm
- Meredith’s Bread/ Horn of Plenty
- Mikey’s Marshmallows (once a month)
- Mostly Myrtle’s Biskookys
- Northern Farmhouse Pasta (every other week)
- Olive Oil of the World (every other week)
- Orchards of Concklin
- Peg’s Eggs/ Hillery Farm
- Pie Lady & Son
- R&G Produce (starting on May 30th)
- Ronnybrook Farm/Cascade Mountain Winery
- Taiim Falafel Shack
- Taliaferro Farms
- Valley Shepherd Creamery
- Warwick Valley Winery
- X-Calibur Knife & Scissor Sharpening (every other week)