Over 40 people braved snow to attend the Dec. meeting, voting for the following board members.
- President Scott Baird – President: Construction consultant, property manager and commercial real estate agent for Rand Commercial Services
- Vice President Roger S. Cohen – Vice President: President, of Cohen International - international business development, high-tech commercialization, government contracting and consultant
- Vice President Nancy Phillips – Vice President: Marketing consultant and owner of Phillips Marketing
- Counsel and Secretary Paul J. Curley – Counsel and Secretary: Attorney at Interpublic Group
- Treasurer Dave Collins – Treasurer: Owner of Back To Earth / Sweet Pea Market
- President Elect Christopher Capra – President Elect: Partner and Managing Director at Emerging Media
- Director Marilyn Kaskel – Television producer and media consultant, Owner of Kaskel Media LLC.
- Director Sean Spicer -- Co-owner, Nyack Pour House
- Director Annette Van Loon -- Owner, Chocolaterie
- Director Jack Dunnigan -- Owner of Pickwick Books, President of ACADA, Nyack Zoning Board
The Chamber is working on bringing a TED conference to Nyack in the Spring. TED is a nonprofit organization that helps bring global exposure to ideas in technology, entertainment and design. More details about TEDxNyack are expected in January.
“2013 was a breakout year for the Chamber. We put forth several new projects that were highly successful ― including the indoor Farmers’ Market, the expanded Classic Car Night and a joint marketing initiative with ACADA and Friends of the Nyacks,” said Baird. “We will continue to expand these programs in 2014 and couple them with new initiatives geared toward encouraging tourism and attracting commercial traffic to Nyack for the benefit of our business community.”