Each week, we'll give you the info on the best family activities or events for the week.
You're time-pressed enough, so we're happy to do the research and find the best things to do and places to go, both locally and within reasonable striking distance.
Look for the kids' planner each Wednesday, and help us build the planner with your own suggestions and tips‚ just add them to the comment box. We want to hear from you!
- When/Where: Friday, July 27, 10:00 am / IMAX Theatre at Palisades Center, 4270 Palisades Center Dr, West Nyack
- Why Go: West Nyack’s big screen is the only theater in the region showing this polar bear biopic. Grab the kids—the flick is narrated by Meryl Streep, with songs by Paul McCartney.
- Cost/Contact: $9 / (845) 353-5555
- When/Where: Saturday, July 28, 10:00 am / Rockland Center for the Arts, 27 S Greenbush Rd, West Nyack
- Why Go: Take in outdoor sculptures—and a walk—without breaking the bank.
- Cost/Contact: Free / (845) 358-0877
Teen Movie Night
- When/Where: Wednesday, July 25, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. /
- Why Go: The movie Hugo will be shown on the big screen for grade 6 graduates to grade 12 graduates.
- Cost/Contact: Registration required; free /
Arts & Craft Demo
- When/Where: Saturday, July 28, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. /
- Why Go: AC Moore has free arts and craft activities this Saturday; there are also 220 kids craft projects for only $1
- Cost/Contact: Free /
- When/Where: Saturday, July 28 /
- Why Go: Autism Speaks in conjunction with Flip 'n Dip will be hosting a fundraiser; a portion of the day’s proceeds will go toward Autism Speaks
- Cost/Contact: Cost of your frozen treat /