So you're hungry. Like, stuff-your-face-with-pizza hungry. So try these local hot spots:
Hikaru Japanese Fusion Sushi (Orangeburg)
- Location/hours: 7 Dutch Hill Road (CVS shopping center); Daily, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Pricing: $11 to $18, or all-you-can-eat sushi for adult is $19.95 and children is $12.95.
- Atmosphere: Nothing fancy; long, skinny room with small tables on each wall.
- Why go: Don't be deceived by the strip mall location. The all you can eat sushi is at such a low price compared to anywhere else, plus each roll is made to order and you can order anything you want. The only catch is that you have to eat everything you order or pay per piece for any leftovers, so make sure your eyes aren't bigger than you stomach.
- My pick: Starting with the garden salad (included in price) with ginger dressing, then go in for the sushi. I'm a chicken when it comes to raw fish, so I stick with the sweet potato rolls, California rolls, and tempura rolls. I had something called a monkey roll that had banana in it, and it was absolutely amazing.
World Famous Milano Pizzeria (Pearl River)
- Location/hours: 137 N Middletown Rd; Monday through Thursday from 11 a.m. until 10 p.m. ; Friday and Saturday from 11 a.m. until 11 p.m.; Sunday from 12 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Pricing: Around $10 to $20 for a pizza, depending on type.
- Atmosphere: A pizza place on one side and restaurant on the other .
- Why go: The pizza is cooked in a brick oven (which is getting harder to find in the county), giving it so much more flavor than a regular oven. They even make gluten free and whole wheat pies.
- My pick: Margherita Pizza. It is perfect. The cheese, the sauce, the dough... makes my mouth water.