Nyack Public Schools and the South Orangetown Central School District are on early dismissal schedules Tuesday. Read more here. Read about the sporting event cancellations in both districts here. The Nyack Public Schools Board of Education meeting scheduled for Tuesday night was cancelled.
Later in the day, the South Orangetown Central School District announced it would open with a two-hour delay Wednesday.
The Village of Piermont Board of Trustees meeting scheduled for Tuesday night was cancelled. As of noon, no decision had been made regarding the Orangetown Council workshop set for 8 p.m.
TappanZEExpress and Transport of Rockland bus service will be suspended at 8 p.m. Tuesday.
In addition to the snow, there will be wind gusts up to 30 miles per hour and the wind chill could be as low as 10 degrees below zero Tuesday night.
Nyack-Piermont Patch's coverage of the winter storm Tuesday included:
- Nyack, South Orangetown Schools On 2-Hour Delay Wednesday
- Wind Chills Raise Risk of Hypothermia, Frostbite
- Gov. Cuomo Declares State of Emergency for NY Metro Area
- Prevent Frozen Water Pipes, Clear Snow From Hydrants
- O&R Declares Storm Watch
- Winter Weather Disrupts Athletic Schedules
- Nyack Public Schools dismissed early and all after school activities cancelled
- South Orangetown Schools dismissed early and all after school activities are cancelled
- The Nyack School Board meeting Tuesday night is cancelled
- The Village of Piermont Board of Trustees meeting Tuesday night is cancelled.
- The Orangetown Council workshop scheduled has been postponed and rescheduled for Thursday at 8 p.m. with a Police Commission at 7 p.m.
- The Rockland County Legislature rescheduled tonight's meeting for Wednesday, Jan. 22 at 7 p.m. The Public Hearing scheduled for this evening will take place on Wednesday, Jan. 22 at 7:05 pm.
- Village of Nyack Justice Court is cancelled.
- Piermont Public Library is closing at 1 p.m. Tuesday
- St. Thomas Aquinas College is closing at 1 p.m. Will open 11 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 22.
- Dominican College closed at 11 a.m. Tuesday. A decision regarding Wednesday will be made in the morning.
- The Orangetown Jewish Center Religious School is closed.
- West Nyack Free Library is closed.
- Rockland Conservatory of Music is closed for lessons and rehearsals.
- Rockland Community College closed at noon.
- Clarkstown senior programs are cancelled
- Town of Clarkstown recreational facilities are open until 10 p.m. Tuesday. Residents are advised to call ahead. The Central Nyack Community Center's number is 845-358-2500.
- According to the Town of Clarkstown, Storms Road in Valley Cottage was closed at 2 p.m.