Each week, we'll give you the info on the best family activities or events for the week.
You're time-pressed enough, so we're happy to do the research and find the best things to do and places to go, both locally and within reasonable striking distance.
Look for the kids' planner each Wednesday, and help us build the planner with your own suggestions and tips‚ just add them to the comment box. We want to hear from you!
16th Annual Orangetown Highway Department Open House
- When/Where: Saturday, May 19 from 10 a.m. to noon/Highway Maintenance Facility at 119 Route 303 in Orangeburg
- Why Go: Family-friendly event includes tours and equipment demonstration. The popular open house gives kids the chance to climb on the big trucks—and what kid doesn’t like big trucks?
- Cost/Contact: Free/for more information, call (845) 359-6500 or email email@example.com
Pearl River Vs. Tappan Zee Softball Under the Lights
- When/Where: Friday, May 18 at 8 a.m./South Orangetown Little League’s Bailey Field in Orangeburg
- Why Go: The varsity game between these two teams drew 350-plus fans to Bailey Field in past years. The rare night game will showcase two of the top teams in Class A. The last time these teams met, Pearl River won 1-0 on the game’s first hit with two outs in the bottom of the seventh.
- Cost/Contact: Free/www.pearlriver.org
- When/Where: Saturday, May 19 at 10 a.m./Flywheel Park, 554 Piermont Ave, Piermont
- Why Go: Head outside to grab toys, records and other bric-a-brac
- Cost/Contact: Free
- Why Go: Selections range from early colonial times, Appalachian and Shaker folk harmonies, jazz, soul-stirring patriotic hymns and flag-waving favorites. In short, there will be something for everyone, including songs designed for a little audience participation.
- Cost/Contact: $firstname.lastname@example.org
- When/Where: Saturday, May 19 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m./214 Sickletown Rd., West Nyack
- Why Go: It’s a garage sale—you’re bound to find bargains
- Cost/Contact: Free/ call Paula or Judy at 845-639-6480, ext. 3, or e-mail email@example.com