Each week, we'll give you the info on the best family activities or events for the week.
You're time-pressed enough, so we're happy to do the research and find the best things to do and places to go, both locally and within reasonable striking distance.
Look for the kids' planner each Wednesday, and help us build the planner with your own suggestions and tips‚ just add them to the comment box. We want to hear from you!
- Why Go: It’s one of the world’s most famous plays, performed by kids ages 8 to 13
- Cost/Contact: $25 adults, $15 email@example.com
- When/Where: Saturday, May 5, 2012, 6:30 pm/, West Nyack
- Why Go: It’s a Cinco De Mayo family dinner with tacos, Mexican music and more
- Cost/Contact: Suggested donation—adults $10, seniors and students $8, children 12 and under firstname.lastname@example.org
- When/Where: Saturday, May 5 from 12:30 p.m. to 8 p.m./Clarkstown High School South at 31 Demarest Mill Rd in West Nyack
- Why Go: Adopt-A-Platoon Campaign will collect personal items for the deployed men and women in the US Armed Forces. Donations will be accepted all day. Lacrosse games will be played throughout the day, beginning with pre-game events at 12:30 p.m. for the 1 p.m.
- When/Where: Saturday, May 5 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Veterans Memorial Park in Orangeburg
- Why Go: The 28th Annual Jake Amann Fishing Contest is open to children ages 15 and under. There will be trophies and prizes for special catches, including a $1,000 savings bond. Rain date is May 12, 2012. For more on last year’s event, click here
- Cost/Contact: Free to children 15 and under/www.rotaryclubofpearlriver.org
- When/Where: at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, May 4
- Why Go: The stellar Beatles cover band, Ob-La-Di, will perform a concert complete with archival footage. Proceeds will benefit the charitable works of the Nanuet Rotary Club and . Local businesses have graciously donated dozens of raffle prizes for this family-friendly event
- Cost/Contact: Tickets are $20 for adults and $15 for students/seniors; Order tickets at http://peopletopeopleinc.org/ or Call Diane at 845-825-2615. Discounted tickets are available when purchased online.