Each week, we'll give you the info on the five best family activities or events for the week.
You're time-pressed enough, so we're happy to do the research and find the best things to do and places to go, both locally and within reasonable striking distance.
Look for the kids' planner each Wednesday, and help us build the planner with your own suggestions and tips—just add them to the comment box. Even if you disagree with our picks, let us know. We want to hear from you!
- Why Go: It isn’t summer in Nyack for the little ones without the Farmer’s Market pickle vendor and a free concert from The Bossy Frog Band.
- When/Where: Thursday, July 14th. 11am-Noon. Nyack, NY.
- Pricing & Contact: Free. 845-358-1115
- Why Go: Part of the Teen Movies to Keep You Cool series, anyone entering the 6th grade or older can kick it old school with Woody, Mighty Mouse, Caspar and Felix. Register for the summer reading program and you’ll be entered to win the DVD.
- When/Where: Friday, July 15th. 4:00pm - 6:00pm. Nyack, NY.
- Pricing & Contact: Free. 358-3370.
- Why Go: Grab some chairs and head to Veteran’s Memorial Park in Orangeburg to enjoy a free concert by the regional favorite Risky Business band. A concession stand will be open.
- When/Where: Friday, July 15th. 8pm. Orangeburg, NY
- Pricing & Contact: Free. 845-359-6503.
- Why Go: Face painting and The Bossy Frog Band help kick off the opening of this fantastic play space in Nyack. The new indoor playground includes a sand pit, ball pit, bouncy castle and lounge for the grown-ups.
- When/Where: Saturday, July 16th. 10am - 6pm. Nyack, NY.
- Pricing & Contact: $15. 845-512-8265
- Why Go: Kid (9 and up) will experience an amazing 3 hour simulated journey to Mars at the Lower Hudson Valley Challenger Center.
- When/Where: Sunday, July 17th. 2pm. Airmont, NY.
- Pricing & Contact: $10. Reservations recommended. 845-357-3416.