- The Dennis P. McHugh Piermont Public Library will reopen 10 a.m. Tuesday after being closed Monday for Monday for ongoing emergency plumbing repairs.
- The Orangetown Council meeting, which begins at 7:30 p.m. at Orangetown Town Hall in Orangeburg, will include the appointments of two officers by the Orangetown Police and a hearing regarding the amendment of the town code relating to flood damage at 8 p.m. The full agenda and support materials are available here.
- The National Weather Service issued a special weather statement warning of slippery spots due to black ice on area roadways and sidewalks Tuesday morning. Temperatures are dropping again, with a projected high Tuesday of 20 degrees and wind chills as low as four below zero during the day.
- In case you missed it yesterday, check out these photos from an ice rescue drill run by the Piermont Fire Department Sunday.
- yack Library's Tuesday's at Two movie is "The Manchurian Candidate" starring Denzel Washington. The movie is rated R and runs 129 minutes. It was directed by Jonathan Demme and features some shots from Rockland County. Find out more here.