Wednesday's highlights include a screening of a local filmmaker's documentary at the Nyack Center and a battle of local basketball rivals.
- There will be a showing of the documentary "Following the 9th: In the Footsteps of Beethoven's Final Symphony" 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Nyack Center. The event includes a Meet the Filmmaker portion, with WQXR's Elliott Forrest interviewing co-producer Greg Mitchell, a Nyack resident. Pianist Yashar Yaslowitz will perform Beethoven's music before and after the screening. Tickets cost $11, $9 for seniors, studnts and Rivertown Film members. Find out more or purchase tickets here.
- Tuesday's extreme cold is gone, but Wednesday will still be cold with a projected high temperature of 24 degrees. Skies will be mostly sunny with a low around 16 degrees.
- Two of the top boys basketball teams in Section 1 Class A, local rivals Pearl River and Tappan Zee, will play 4:30 p.m. Wednesday at Tappan Zee. The two schools' girls teams will also play at 4:30 p.m., but that game is at Pearl River.
- Michael N. Hull wrote about the prospect of Rockland County cutting more positions after County Executive Ed Day eliminated the position of Tourism Coordinator last week in this blog.
- New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo will give his State of the State Address 1:30 p.m. at the Empire State Plaza Convention Center in Albany. Watch it live here.