- The National Weather Service issued a Winter Storm Warning for Nyack, Piermont and the surrounding area that will last from noon Tuesday through 6 a.m. Wednesday. The snow is expected to begin to fall late Tuesday morning, getting heavier in the afternoon and evening, with an accumulation of four to eight inches.
- The Nyack Public Schools Board of Education meets 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at Nyack Middle School at 98 South HIghland Ave. There will be a public hearing regarding a tax exemption for veterans and a review of the district's math curriculum. The full agenda is available through the district website here.
- The Orangetown Council will hold a workshop meeting 8 p.m. at Orangetown Town Hall in Orangeburg.
- The Village of Piermont Board of Trustees meets 7:30 p.m. at Piermont Village Hall. There will be public hearings including the Phil Griffin Site Plan Applicatin at 7:45 p.m., the Claudia Kempton Sigte Plan Application at 8 p.m. and the Community Development Block Grant Program at 8:15 p.m.
- The Nyack Library and Valley Cottage Library are are working together to create the Book & Pub Club, which is geared toward people in their 20s and 30s. Each month the club will meet in a different local bar to discuss a book over drinks. This week's meeting is at Harbor Hill at 91 Main Street in Nyack. The book is May We Be Frogiven by A.M. Holmes. Find out more here.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something