- The Orangetown Council will vote on a meeting schedule for 2014 as part of its regular meeting 7:30 p.m. Tuesday in Orangetown Town Hall. The management contract with AppliedGolf to run Broadacres Golf Club is also on the agenda, which is available on the town website here.
- Four Rockland County legislative committees will meet tonight. Public Safety is scheduled to meet at 5:15 p.m.; Multi Services at 6 p.m.; Planning & Public Works at 7 p.m. and Budget & Finance at 7:15 p.m. All committee sessions are held at 11 New Hempstead Road and are open to the public.
- The United Way of Rockland emergency coat drive began Monday and will continue through Jan. 24 at four locations including the United Way of Rockland office on Main Street in Nyack. Read more here.
- The South Orangetown Central School District Board of Education meets at 6:30 p.m. in Room 165 in South Orangetown Middle School at 160 Van Wyck Road in Blauvelt. The board is expected to begin the meeting with an executive session and go into the public portion of the session around 7:30 p.m. The agenda is available on the district website here.
- Find out about the potential benefits of musical therapy in Jeffrey Friedberg's blog here. He will be making a presentation 7 p.m. Jan. 29 at Nyack Library.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something